Last updated: 13 November 2021
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo (EMC) uses online analytics tools such as Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc., to collect and track information about your visit so that EMC can monitor usage and make improvements. These tools may store your IP address from which you access our Website. EMC also collects anonymous data elements in aggregate form, that cannot be tied to an individual.
We do not store sensitive personal information, such as mailing addresses, account passwords, etc. in the Cookies We use.
For the purposes of this Cookies Policy:
- Museum (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Cookies Policy) refers to The Egyptian Museum, Tahrir Square, Cairo – Egypt.
- Cookies means small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Website refers to The Egyptian Museum, accessible from https://www.egyptianmuseumcairo.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
The use of the Cookies
Type of Cookies We Use
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Targeting or advertising cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and links you have followed. They are used to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited our site, and this information is shared with other organisations
Third party cookies
Google Marketing Platform, including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Ads, and Google Display and Video 360.
We use Google Analytics to give us insights into how you interact with our website and to support display advertising. The advertising includes the display, by third parties such as Google, of adverts across the internet. The adverts may include adverts based on your past visits to our website.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as Google Display and Video cookies) together to:
- inform, optimise and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website
- report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site
If you do not wish to allow the use of Google Analytics for advertising, you can opt out using the Google Ad Settings: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB.
If you do not wish to allow the use of Google Analytics cookies, Google provides an opt-out plug-in for most common website browsers: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
More Information about Cookies
You can learn more about cookies here: allaboutcookies.org
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, You can contact us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone number: +20 2 25796948